- The rise of engagement marketing: Takeaways from #MKTGNATION
- Reflecting on 2012 and looking forward to the year ahead
- Facebook’s inability to stay focused and be original
- Achieving exponential user growth: Marketing in the new age
- Twitter’s walls are going up! And soon.
- Technology Trends and Disruptions in 2012
- The Social Enterprise is here in full force! Profiling 3 Toronto startups in the space
- Reminder on why Business Blogging is essential
Tag Archives: thought leadership
If you’re a marketer and have ever been tasked with thought-leadership for your organization, you will know what a lonely place it can be. Becoming a thought-leader in a particular sector/ subject matter does not happen overnight. It takes much effort, consistency and reputation building to churn out stellar content that will get you to that place.
One common oversight that organizations make when deliberating over their thought-leadership strategy is that they fail to leverage the skills, influence and deep insight of their employees; in the interest of maintaining control.
So what happens? Well, everything gets funneled through “corporate accounts” and the puck ends up stopping at marketing.
This is a common problem, especially with large organizations that don’t have the same flexibility and nimbleness that smaller businesses might have. This is exactly where small B2B companies can really thrive and empower their employees to solve their content problems.