- The rise of engagement marketing: Takeaways from #MKTGNATION
- Reflecting on 2012 and looking forward to the year ahead
- Facebook’s inability to stay focused and be original
- Achieving exponential user growth: Marketing in the new age
- Twitter’s walls are going up! And soon.
- Technology Trends and Disruptions in 2012
- The Social Enterprise is here in full force! Profiling 3 Toronto startups in the space
- Reminder on why Business Blogging is essential
Category Archives: Startups
When I first read Andrew Chen’s essay on how the VP of Marketing role is changing into a role best described as ‘Growth Hacker’, I was sold after the first paragraph. While I disagree with some parts of his post …
Sure, there’s all the obvious stuff about how you won’t get any sleep when you are working on a startup, how you might end up neglecting your family, friends, girlfriend or boyfriend, how you will need to develop an unimaginable tolerance for risk, how you will have to learn to live in a shoebox or worse – with your co-founder, only to work through nights while eating left over pizza slices… and many more along the same lines.
Even though we know all this; it is always the emotional aspect of startup entrepreneurship that always gets us.
Learning to deal with this early on and being prepared for some low-blows while you build, iterate and make connections, will help you get there faster while saving you some stressful moments. Hopefully.
This is a video response to Robert Scoble’s recent blog post on how Angry Birds could be the next major identity player.
Watch and let me know if you agree or disagree.
What do creativity, music and innovation have in common?
I recently watched a TED talk by researcher and musician Charles Limb, who conducted a bunch of experiments on jazz musicians and rappers – highly creative people – to see if the functional MRI scans of their brain activity was similar. He wanted to try and determine (and tap into) the secrets of the creative mind.
Google has quietly slipped from being the #1 most visited site in the world to handing Facebook the throne. Twitter isn’t far behind either. Today it is #2 most searched site and Google is panicking. It has already struggled for …